Terms and Conditions-Disco
- In these terms and conditions you are hereinafter referred to as the CLIENT, and Boogie Beats Limited, is hereinafter called Boogie Beats.
- This agreement is made between the Client and Boogie Beats and will be binding upon both parties.
- The Client engages Boogie Beats, and Boogie Beats accepts the engagement to appear at the venue on the date and at the times and for the fee as shown herein.
- A non-refundable non transferable booking reservation fee (“the deposit”), or the amount you have chosen to pay must be submitted to Boogie Beats unless specifically agreed otherwise by Boogie Beats.
- The balance of the booking fee (being the total fee less the amount of any deposit paid) can be paid either by Cash, PayPal or BACS. We may on occasion ask you to pay in advance; no less than 14 days (2 weeks) before the function unless otherwise agreed otherwise. BACS payments are to be made to our NatWest bank account:Sort Code: 53-61-56, Acc. No.: 70650845.
- In the extremely unlikely event of the Company having to cancel the event, all fees will be returned including the deposit. (This will be the full extent of our liability).
- The total fee quoted is in respect of a performance during the times specified on the booking form. If the Client requests that the performance time be extended, then the additional period and fee must be negotiated with the Disc Jockey provided by Boogie Beats at a rate of £25.00 or part thereof, and paid in in cash before the additional time commences.
- In the event of cancellation of the engagement by the Client, we must receive notice in writing and on doing so a cancellation fee will be made on the following basis:
- Within 7 Days 100% of total must be paid
- Within 14 Days 75% of total must be paid
- Within 28 Days 50% of total must be paid
- We reserve the right to cancel our services should we discover that a Venue is unsuitable or unsafe to work in. In these circumstances, no refund will be made.
- The Client must ensure that the Disc Jockey has access to two 13 amp 240 volt sockets, and a suitable sized table (minimum 5ft) at the Disc Jockey’s working position. The working position must not obstruct any emergency exit route, and must allow enough space for the Disc Jockey to operate in safety and comfort. The equipment should not be placed directly onto a dance floor to avoid vibration damage.
- Where the equipment has been set up earlier in the day at the request of the Client and left unattended until the time of the DJs performance, no right for the Client, the Client’s guests, or any other person to use the equipment is conferred or inferred and the Client undertakes to ensure that no-one uses or interferes with the equipment in any way and accepts all responsibility.
- Boogie Beats will supply sufficient music to suit the occasion; adequate equipment for playing and amplifying recorded music; lighting and other effects to suit the occasion and venue; a disc Jockey and where necessary an assistant.
- The Client is responsible for the behaviour of his / her clients or guests, and for safeguarding the disc Jockey and equipment against theft, damage or other risks, from the moment of arrival to the moment of final departure. Please note: any loss of or damage to equipment, other than that caused by fair wear and tear, will be charged for.
- Boogie Beats cannot be held responsible for the way some people may be affected by any lighting, sound or haze effect that may be used. The Client must advise the Disc Jockey prior to the start of the performance if any effect should be avoided.
- The Disc Jockey provided will generally be an employee of Boogie Beats or a self-employed Disc Jockey working exclusively for Boogie Beats. Boogie Beats reserves the right however to assign the engagement to a suitably experienced and qualified associate.
- Boogie Beats reserves the right to change equipment or presenters if or when it is deemed necessary or at our discretion and due to illness.
- The Disc Jockey shall be deemed to be under the direction and control of the Client, and shall be regarded as a servant or agent of the Client, and the Client shall be responsible for any claims arising from placement or operation of the equipment other than those resulting from the negligence of the DJ.
- The Client will be responsible for obtaining all necessary licences and permissions relating to the performance at the event.
- Boogie Beats operates regularly serviced and maintained good quality sound and lighting equipment. In the rare event of any equipment failure, an onsite repair may be attempted. If the DJ does not feel competent in the repair or the item continues to not function he will contact the office for a replacement to be brought straight out. In the event of no spares been available then a refund prorate to the length of time off air will be given. This will be the extent of our liability.
- Boogie Beats cannot be held responsible for loss of performance due to power failure, fire, flooding, hazardous weather conditions or acts of God.
- In addition to the above, the following Terms and Conditions will be incorporated into the Terms and Conditions for Children’s Parties:
21.1 – The Client will provide sufficient adult supervision of the Children attending the Event.
21.2 – The supervising adults will provide the Disc Jockey and Children’s Entertainer with assistance in the organisation of the children during any games played at the Event.
21.3 – The supervising adults will ensure that the Children do not interfere with the disco equipment or prevent the Disc Jockey and Children’s Entertainer from performing his duties of playing music and organising games (if required).
22 – Prices quoted do not include prizes and give-aways for games; these must be supplied by the client, unless previously you have asked us to supply them and paid an additional fee for us to supply prizes.
Any breach of these conditions may result in the Disc Jockey either refusing to perform or ceasing performance before the allotted time without recompense to the client.